Friday, November 12, 2010

The List

So it's been about six months since I moved to Salt Lake City and recently, my friends have all been asking me what I like about Salt Lake and if I have been enjoying it. Yes, actually! Salt Lake has truly been growing on me and it has so much to offer! Therefore, my favorite things about Salt Lake have been on my mind lately, so I thought I would write about them. I tried to condense them into a short list and in reality, the list is longer, but for this blog, I thought I would focus on my top five! So here it goes......the top five reasons why Salt Lake City appeals to me and why I think living here is worth while:

#1- The Fall Season Here is so Colorful, so Beautiful, and SO Festive!Ever since the leaves started to change color, I have been in awe with this area! Salt Lake City is gorgeous in the fall! I'm in love with the leaves, the weather, the colors, and all the fun festive decorations! Jenna took Caitlin and me to "Witches Night Out" at Gardener Village and it was AMAZING! The costumes, the shops, the decorations were all incredible! Really though, these ladies that attend and dress up go FULL OUT! (Talk about awesome people watching) Recently, I had heard stories of how neat "Witches Night Out" is, but my expectations were surpassed! Seriously, I can't wait to go again next year, but dressed up! HA! Oh, I really do love the Fall time!!!!!



I am obsessed with leaves and I honestly walk out of my way to step on and crunch as many as I can!Haha! Isn't this Halloween costume so rad?!?!
This dude MADE this costume himself!!!!
I let my friends talk me into going to one of those haunted, scary places which I absolutely hate. But don't worry, I survived, didn't brake off any one's arm, and my pants were dry when we got out!



#2- A hint of European Architecture During my undergrad, I studied Humanities (it kept me sane from all my physics, chemistry and biology classes) and within this realm of study, you learn about literature, photography, art, art history, and architecture. After studying architecture, I have gained a higher respect and appreciation for it. I do have to say that one of the best places where I have studied architecture was in Europe (oh, how I terribly miss it there.....for I left my heart in Europe). While I traveled throughout, I absolutely loved every ancient artifact, structure, building I saw and observed there! It was all SO intriguing! But generally, I have always been fascinated with the character behind structures and what they reflect. While driving though Salt Lake, I have noticed a handful of buildings that have a pinch of that specific charm you only see in Europe, for they do radiate that European influence which makes me miss it there even more! Overall, many of the buildings and structures here are very beautiful and unique in their own way!

(F.Y.I) The Salt Lake Temple is heavily influenced by the European culture. Brigham Young actually sent designers and architects to Europe to gain insight and inspiration for designing the temple!!!

#3- Stores GALORE and Restaurants............ ..........(dang it, I can't think of anything that rhymes with restaurants) So I must say that it's so wonderful to live in an area where you have easy access to all sorts of clothing stores, grocery stores, multiple Wal Marts and Targets......AND the Smiths store here is HUGE. It is two stories with escalators and covered parking!!! WHOA!! Also, the restaurants here are so great! There's too many for me to choose from that sometimes when my friends and I go out, it takes us half an hour to decide where to go eat!
#4-Outdoor fun! With the close proximity of the mountains and with being not too far from neat parks, such as Zion National Park, there is a lot of hiking, biking, fishing, boating, camping, and more. This last summer I had a BLAST with all my friends, family and all the activities we engaged ourselves in, so now I'm more excited for all the winter outdoor fun to come!


Sugarhouse park


#5- Awesome events (concerts, shows, races, sports games.....you name it)
Since living in Salt Lake City, I feel that there is always something going on and I absolutely love that! I've already been to some fabulous shows and concerts, sports games with the fam, and have also participated in some races.

With Jenna at the Jack Johnson/G-love concert!
(Had to document this) So everyone at this concert drank beer like it was water.....which meant that everyone was carrying some type of bottle/can in their hand(s)......once I purchased a Coke, I finally felt that I blended in much better with the crowd.....wouldn't ya think?


Even if my family are all hardcore BYU fans, I think it is a must to at least attend a football game and support the university of which you attend to, to enhance the college experience. Don't you agree?

Go UTES!!!


The Leavitt family loves BYU games

Why I love BYU games.....Cougar Tails (the longest maple bars ever! So good!!)

(Midnight 5k) We love race events!

No comments:

Post a Comment