Monday, October 4, 2010

So Long BYU-Idaho.....

On April 10, 2010.....I made history! I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with a Bachelor's of Science in Exercise Science and two clusters in Health Science and Humanities. For me, it was not only exciting, but a huge relief.....even though I had already made furture plans and sent in my acceptance statement to continue on with more school.....but in graduate school (I know, CRAZY!) But really, I will miss BYU-Idaho, all my friends and teachers, and memories. Some of my best, silly, most embarassing, exciting, disappointing, motivating, and most fun experiences took place at BYU-I, so I have all sorts of memories, feelings, and emotions directed towards my time there. Though, while attending BYU-I, I had the opportunity to serve in various leadership positions (in church and school). During these, I learned 5 main lessons that I will carry with me through graduate school, to my future family, and with me for the rest of my life are:

1. "Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there"- Sister Clark at my first devotional as a first semester freshman
2. "It's not about you"- Sister Powell and the the Activities Program
3. Importance of becoming a Disciple of Christ- Elder Bednar
4. "It's not about the numbers! Just focus on what you can do and do it the best you can." -Brother Corneilson couseling me when I was discouraged when serving as Relief Society President.
5. "You have divine potential"- President Hinckley and other prophets of the church

Really, I learned many more lessons than this at BYU-I and some I already knew but were really emphasised, but these have just always stuck with me and always will but I am grateful for them , for reminding me of implementing self discipline, to give charitable service, to never lose focus on our Savior Jesus Christ, to not get discouraged but to do the best you can, and to ALWAYS have an eternal perspective! These have helped shape me while learning and growing and I know that from remembering them and appyling them into my life, I have grown to become a stronger leader, a better student, a committed sister in Relief Society, and a more faithful daughter of God.

So here's to Rexburg, to BYU-Idaho, to all my cherished memories and friends, and to finally GRADUATING!!!!!!!!!! (It's about time)!
So look out graduate school.....here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment